The best way to make a Lickimat!
In these recipes we are going to use 3 bases, Fruits, Veggies, and supplement oil like fish oil or coconut oil. You can either use one base to cover the entire lick mat or you can use one base on one side and one base on another. Once you have your base, then add toppings, freeze and serve.
Basic Lickimat & Lick Pad Recipes
- Spread xylitol free peanut butter over the mat and freeze for 2 hours.
- Spread canned dog food and either freeze and serve or heat and serve
- Spread plain xylitol free yogurt over the mat then drizzle 5 drops of vanilla extract over the yogurt. Put one drop of vanilla extract in each corner and one drop in the middle. You can add a few drops if needed. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top, freeze and serve.
- Spread PB over the mat and sprinkle Pumpkin Fiber & Rawberry Boost
DYI Lickimat Recipes
- Step 1 - Add a base - dog food or plain yogurt or raw dog food
- Step 1 - Add your first layer - Sprinkle fruit or Veggies
- Step 3 - Add your second layer - Coconut oil, fish oil, canola oil or melted peanut butter
Instructions for “Dry Dog Food Only” Dogs
- Take your dog food and either blend it with cold water or find the canned version of your dog food and start with that. Take the wet or blended dog food and spread it over the Lickimat, covering the entire Lickimat.
- Freeze your Lickimat to Last Longer and Serve when frozen. Or give it to your dog as is.
Instructions for Dogs without Food Allergies
- Add your base. This can be wet food or peanut butter or even yogurt, cottage cheese, or ground up fish.
- Add your second layer, this should be freeze dried fruit or veggies
- Third layer option - Sprinkle turmeric or supplements over the base and second layer.
- Final Topping/Layer - Take melted peanut butter for dogs or an oil like fish oil, canola oil, or even coconut oil and drizzle over your recipe for a final touch of nutrients and omegas.
Giving Your Dog Medicine With Lickimats
Giving meds: If you have medicine to give to your dog - mix it in the base (wet dog food or peanut butter) before you apply to the lickimat. <This will be in the first base layer
DO NOT USE CANNED FRUIT. IT HAS WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR OR IT MAY HAVE XYLITOL IN IT. DO NOT USE ANYTHING THAT HAS XYLITOL IN THE INGREDIENTS. READ YOUR INGREDIENTS IT COULD SAVE YOUR DOGS LIFE. XYLITOL KILLS DOGS